Label Your Items
- At Xstudia, we have an internal management system to track your items by storage unit, and will be lableing all items on Move Out Day. However, to provide additional security and ensure that all items are easily identifiable by staff members we ask you to label your items.
- Write clearly and visibly to ensure staff members can quickly verify your items are all present. In the example below, where it says Dorm ID Code PLEASE DISREGARD, all we need this year is your Last and First name, Dorm, and Phone and Email to ensure we can quickly contact you if any issues arise.
PLEASE ENSURE ALL ITEMS ARE LABELED UNDER THE NAME THAT THE ACCOUNT WAS PURCHASED UNDER. WE CANNOT ACCEPT ITEMS THAT DO NOT MATCH THE NAME OF THE PURCHASED ACCOUNT.
- Make sure all the items within your boxes/containers are securely packed. If you have any delicate items, make sure that you place them towards the center and securely pad them, as bumps and shocks may occur.
- To avoid over-stressing the boxes, we suggest that you separate your heavy items into multiple boxes. This will prevent any boxes breaking during transportation to and from the units, and will help you get them to our drop off site easier.
- Pay close attention to the quality of the boxes or containers you store in, and make sure they are securely sealed and will not break.
- Make sure your carpets and rugs are rolled tightly, secured with tape along three points, and covered in plastic if you want to keep them free from dust or dirt during the move. Items will be placed in climate controlled units, but you should make sure that all your delicate items or items that might be affected by dirt or grime during the move are properly covered.
- If you are storing any shelving make sure that you separate the shelves from the frame, and tape them together tightly. Store any loose items relating to the shelving in one of your boxes or containers.
- Make sure your futons or couches have a covering if you want to prevent dust from accumulating. Also, make sure that any pieces that can come apart during a move are safely and securely stored.
- If you are storing a refrigerator, make sure that you turn off your fridge at least 48 hours before move out, so it can completely defrost and dry before storing. Secure loose items inside of the fridge. Tape the door shut. Bundle and tape the power cord to the back of the fridge, behind the cooling coils so it is secure. Fridges not defrosted will cause mold to other items so this is very important that they are dry and clean.
- Make sure that all trunks and other luggage items are fastened or securely taped to prevent the contents from spilling.
- Items that are breakable, such as TVs, should be carefully wrapped or boxed.
- We will not accept storage for an unprotected breakable electronic item.
Below are links to FedEx packing guidelines that can give you more advice on how to pack your items securely.